COVID-19 protocol update for patients and their loved ones.
CEDC continues to consult with our Medical Team as well as state, local and national resources as we continue to provide eating disorder treatment and recovery in our residential program and our online outpatient programs (PHP and IOP).
We have implemented numerous safety measures for patients, staff, and family members and we will adjust those as circumstances change. We are currently accepting patients for all floors and age groups and we have adopted the following additional admissions protocols.
Since the start of the COVID-19 epidemic in March 2020, CEDC has gone through many updates on policies and guidelines to protect the health of our patients and our staff. Our professional staff meet regularly to ensure that our organizational guidelines are providing our patients with the best possible care for their recovery and keeping them healthy. As of September 2020, our protocols are as follows:
1) We are requiring all new patients to be screened for COVID-19 prior to scheduling their admission time.
2) All staff will wear masks while with patients.
3) At admission time, patients under 18 may have their parents (up to 2 adults, no other family members) present in the lobby for completing paperwork. No parents will be allowed on the floor at this time.
4) Daily floor outings have been limited to 30 minutes per day. During these outings patients and staff are expected to wear masks, stay 6 feet away from others, and sanitize their hands after returning to the program.
5) Patients are limited to one scheduled visit with loved ones per week. To maintain minimum exposure visitors will remain on the first floor, will wear masks throughout, and will be limited to 4 adults at a time.
6) Therapeutic passes are only taking place in therapy rooms on the first floor. Patients cannot leave the building for passes. They can have up to 4 supports from the same household join them for the passes (all must show proof of a negative covid test, same as visits).
We are so thankful to our wonderful staff who have been working so diligently to keep our patients supported and safe. We are thankful to the families and friends who have kept in touch with their loved ones in treatment and provided them with the social support they need. Every day we evaluate our policies based on what is being disseminated from the government and the CDC. We will continue to do so and to bring you any updates.
Please do not hesitate to contact our intake coordinator Kristen Gaherty, LICSW at email@example.com or (617) 547-2255 x234 with any questions or concerns.