January 5, 2022
COVID-19 protocol update for patients and their loved ones.
In order to decrease the risk of our patients contracting and transmitting the COVID-19 virus in our facility, we have implemented changes to our outing and visitation policies. As the numbers continue to rise, we want to ensure that our patients and staff stay safe.
For specific rules and guidelines, please refer to the letter provided last week. If you have any questions or concerns about how this will impact you or your loved one, please reach out to your Case Manager or to Kristen Gaherty (information below).
Take good care, and stay safe,
CEDC COVID Task Force
Please contact Intake Coordinator Kristen Gaherty, LICSW at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 547-2255 x234 with any questions.
COVID-19 has changed everything.
CEDC continues to consult with our Medical Team as well as state, local and national resources as we continue to provide eating disorder treatment and recovery in our residential program and our online outpatient programs (PHP and IOP).
We have implemented numerous safety measures for patients, staff, and family members and we will adjust those as circumstances change. We are currently accepting patients for all floors and age groups and we have adopted the following additional admissions protocols.
Since the start of the COVID-19 epidemic in March 2020, CEDC has gone through many updates on policies and guidelines to protect the health of our patients and our staff. Our professional staff meet regularly to ensure that our organizational guidelines are providing our patients with the best possible care for their recovery and keeping them healthy. As of September 2020, our protocols are as follows:
1) We are requiring all new patients to be screened for COVID-19 prior to scheduling their admission time.
2) All staff will be required to wear masks while with patients and will have their temperature taken at the start of their shift daily.
3) At admission time, patients under 18 may have their parents (up to 2 adults, no other family members) present in the lobby for completing paperwork. No parents will be allowed on the floor at this time.
4) Daily floor outings have been limited to 30 minutes per day. During these outings patients and staff are expected to wear masks, stay 6 feet away from others, and sanitize their hands after returning to the program.
5) Patients are limited to one scheduled visit with loved ones per week. To maintain minimum exposure visitors will remain on the first floor, will be temperature checked, will wear masks throughout, and will be limited to 2 adults at a time.
6) Therapeutic passes have resumed! We do require that patients do not go to large gatherings and are following all COVID-19 protocols outside of our building.
7) With consideration of COVID rates, CDC guidelines, MA state guidelines, and the needs of our community, we have reopened our 2nd floor for our young adult patients.
We are so thankful to our wonderful staff who have been working so diligently to keep our patients supported and safe. We are thankful to the families and friends who have kept in touch with their loved ones in treatment and provided them with the social support they need. Every day we evaluate our policies based on what is being disseminated from the government and the CDC. We will continue to do so and to bring you any updates.
Please do not hesitate to contact our intake coordinator Kristen Gaherty, LICSW at email@example.com or (617) 547-2255 x234 with any questions or concerns.