A management team that values its team members and their input
We are hiring Full Time *Residential Counselors*.
Cambridge Eating Disorder Center: At our organization Residential Counselors are valued members of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to helping adolescents and women rebuild their lives.
Full-time Residential Counselors are required to work Full-Timeshifts. Full-Time Residential Counselors receive 80% of their health and 100% dental benefits paid. They also receive paid time off and overtime availability.
• BA/BS preferred (in Psychology or related field)
• Experience with eating disorders preferred
• Ability to multi-task
• Able to tolerate a fast-paced environment with positivity and confidence
• Good written clinical communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Weekend availability and ability to consistently work one of three shifts Morning (7:00am – 3:30pm) Evening (3:00pm – 11:30pm) Overnight (11:00pm – 7:30am)
• Willingness to eat a wide variety of food (as RCs occasionally eat with patients).
*Our organization is unable to accommodate a vegan diet
Residential Counselor (RC) Responsibilities:
• Facilitate therapeutic groups that are commensurate with RC level of training and experience
.• Use active listening skills to individually process day-to-day issues that patients struggle with (meal/behavior noncompliance on and off the unit, self-doubt, body consciousness).
• Promote appropriately supportive relationships between patients.
• Correctly weigh patients.
• Take, accurately interpret, and document vital signs (i.e., blood pressure, pulse).
• Supervise bathroom and shower use for patients. Document and report all clinically relevant information.
• Escort clients to offsite medical appointments and ER visits.
• Assist in the preparation and set up of meals and snacks.
• Supervise meals and snacks: Prompt patients to follow meal and behavior compliance rules.
•Facilitate a comfortable and supportive meal-time environment
•Document noncompliance when necessary; inform patients that you have done so.
• Conduct thorough searches for contraband items upon new patient admission.
• Promptly communicate with patient’s treatment team, (e.g., psychiatrist, case manager, nutritionist) regarding client care issues and concerns.
• Carefully and thoroughly document all clinically relevant information regarding patient behavior (e.g., completing Meal and Snack logs, Group Notes, Shift Progress Notes, and Incident Reports, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Attend the required number of RC Supervision meetings (at least 24 hours a year for full- time employees; at least 12 hours a year for part-time employees)
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK:
New Year’s Day
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
For consideration, please send your resume and letter of intent to Dr. Seda Ebrahimi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to work at CEDC?
We are always looking for positive and team oriented psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, residential counselors, and dieticians to join our team. For consideration, please send your resume and letter of intent to Dr. Seda Ebrahimi at email@example.com.
CEDC Offers Employees:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and value workplace diversity.